Lookup Inmates in Wake County, North Carolina. Results May Include: Arrest Detail, Date, Agency, Type, Officer, Location, Offense Date, Description, Related Incident, Bail Amount, Bail Type, Court #, Inmate Details, Address, Jail Housing Location, Incarceration Date, Scheduled Release, Race/Gender.
Wake County Jail
330 South Salisbury
Raleigh, NC 27602
Wake county was established in 1771 and Raleigh is the county seat as well as the state capital since 1793. The county was named for Margaret Wake, who married Governor William Tryon.
County Population: 974,289
Area Code(s): 919, 984
County Sheriff: Donnie Harrison
Wake County Government
P.O. Box 550
Raleigh, NC 27602
Deputy Sheriff: Unknown
Crime Stats for Raleigh: Raleigh’s violent crime rate has been consistently above the national average since 2001.
Per 1,000 residents, Raleigh has 1.7 or 761 officers, which is below North Carolina’s average of 2.39
County Clerk: Unknown:
Inmate Search Instructions: No information available
All visitations are conducted by video at the Wake County Detention Center, 3301 Hammond Road, Raleigh.
- Visiting Hours: 9 a.m.–1:30 p.m. and 4–6:30 p.m.
- Visitation Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Exception: No visits will be permitted on a County holiday. All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. To schedule an appointment call 919-857-9103 (Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.)
Sending mail to Inmates:
Inmate’s Full Name
Wake County Detention Center
PO Box 2479
Raleigh, NC 27602-2479
Sending funds to inmates: Deposit Kiosk at Wake County Detention Center
- A deposit kiosk is located in the upper lobby outside visitation. This deposit kiosk will be available 24 hours a day for deposits into inmates’ trust accounts. Kiosk deposits will post to inmates’ accounts immediately.
- Dial 1-404-902-6628 and follow the prompts. You can send up to $20 per week to an inmate using this option. There is a $4.95 flat fee for this service.
- Go to www.jailatm.com and follow the prompts. You can send any amount, and there are no time restrictions. There are fees for this service, which are listed on the website. They are similar to Western Union fees.
- Inmates may also have money deposited into the inmate’s trust fund by money orders, certified checks, payroll checks, etc., sent through the mail. The money orders or checks should be made payable in the inmate’s full name. Money orders, certified checks, payroll checks, etc., will be held in escrow for 14 days. This allows enough time for the money order to clear the bank. After the 14-day time period, the inmate will have access to their funds. No personal checks will be accepted.
Working at Wake County:
Sex Offender Search:
Bail and Bail Bondsmen: No information available
|Contact the Wake County Public Defender|
Public defender’s provide: counsel upon arrest, representation during criminal investigative proceedings, interviewing witnesses, arrange bail, conduct pretrial discovery, withdraw pleas, suppression of evidence motions, jury selection, opening statements, legal research, and more
|Name:||Wake County Public Defender|
|Address:||414 Fayetteville Street, Raleigh, North Carolina, 27601|
|Hours:||Mon-Fri 10:00 AM-6:00 PM|
|Wake County Jail Statistics|
|Number of Persons Confined||1156|
|Avg Daily Population||1249|
|Name of new facility||Wake County Detention Center|
|Full time payroll||358|
|Full time total employees||358|
|Total salaries and wages||not applicable|
|Other operating expenditures||not applicable|
|Total construction costs||not applicable|
|Equipment, furnishings, etc||not applicable|
|Year of original construction||1991|
|Year of major renovation||not applicable|
|Name of new facility||not applicable|
Address: 330 SOUTH SALISBURY RALEIGH NC 27602
|Wake County Unemployment and Median Household Income|
|Civilian Labor Force Annual Average, 2016||558,950|
|Number Employed Annual Average, 2016||535,269|
|Number Unemployed Annual Average, 2016||23,681|
|Unemployment Rate, 2016||4.2|
|Median Household Income Annual Average, 2015||70,629|
Sources: Unemployment – Bureau of Labor Statistics LAUS data, Median Household Income – Census Bureau SAIPE data, Rural Classifications – USDA Economic Research Service
|Wake County Poverty Data|
|Estimate of People of All Ages In Poverty 2014||111,299|
|Estimate Percentage of People of All Ages In Poverty 2015||11.1|
Source: U.S. Census Bureau, Model-based Small Area Income & Poverty Estimates (SAIPE)
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility