Search Public Records in Lawrence County, KY. Results May Include: Marriage and Divorce Records, Criminal Records, Birth and Death Records, Probate Documents, Land Records, Arrests, Addresses, Liens and Judgments.
Lawrence County, Kentucky Overview
Lawrence County is located in the state of Kentucky. Named after James Lawrence, the county was formed in December 14, 1821 and its county seat is Louisa. The county has a total population of 15,860, as of 2010, with its area spanning 420 square miles (land area being 416 square miles, while water area being 4.5 square miles). The county consists of 10 ZIP codes, with ZIP code 41230 recorded as the one with the largest population. Lawrence County borders the following counties:
Lawrence County Clerk Information
Chris Jobe is the 22nd County Clerk. Serving his second term as Lawrence County Clerk, he began his first term in 2003 following Gallie Isaac Jr… who served for 17 years.
Prior to becoming County Clerk, Chris worked as a deputy clerk for 5 1/2 years in the County Clerk’s Office under Gallie Isaac Jr. He is currently a member of the Louisa Rotary Club. The Fallsburg Tabernacle Church, President of Louisa chapter of the Gideon International Organization, and the Alternate Legislative Representative for the District 12 Kentucky Clerk’s Association, as well as Youth Director for the Lawrence County Freewill Baptist Youth Program. He is also on the steering committee for the KAVIS 2 project.
Chris Jobe was born to Linda & Bill Jobe on August 31,1973. He was raised in Fallsburg, KY and graduated from Lawrence County High School in 1991. Chris has volunteered at the Fallsburg Fire Department since 1986. serving as chief for 12 years.
Chris married Teresa Hughes in 1998 and they are now proud parents of two children, Brady, 5 and Hannah, 3. Chris and Teresa adopted Brady in June of 2005 and Hannah in December of 2007, from Guatemala.
Marriage licenses are issued at the County Clerk’s office and are valid up to 30 days after the date of issuance. There is a non refundable $35.50 for marriage license, which must be paid in cash the same day. The marriage license must be used in the state of Kentucky.
Requirements for groom & bride:
- Name and address
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father’s full name
- Mother’s full first and maiden name
- Current marriage status (single, divorced, annulled, widowed)
- Number of previous marriages
- Any Relation to one another
- Must present a valid driver’s license
Under Age Requirements:
- Applicants, if 16 or 17 years of age must have parents present to sign
- Must acquire marriage license in the county of under aged applicant
- Any applicant under the age of 16 must have a court order from a District Court
- Birth and Death Certificates
For Information about fees, ordering, or questions please call (502) 564-4212. All Kentucky Birth & Death certificates are available through Frankfort by the following methods:
- Internet: Certificates may be ordered with additional fee through the internet using a credit card via www.chfs.ky.gov/dph/vital.
- Telephone: Certificates may be ordered by telephone with an additional fee using a credit card via (877) 817-7362, choose option 3
- Mail: Certificates may be ordered using check or money order for payment.
275 East Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40621
- Walk-in: You may order a certified copy of the birth and/or death record by going to the Vital Statistics Office, Located at the address above. Orders are accepted for same day issuance from 8:00 AM until 3:30PM Monday through Friday.
Below is the physical address of the County Clerk:
Chris Jobe, County Clerk
122 Main Cross St.
Louisa, KY 41230
Telephone: (606) 638-4108 or (606) 638-0504
Fax: (606) 638-0638
Lawrence County Court Clerk Information
This is the Lawrence County Court Clerk Website:
Below is the physical address of the Lawrence County Court Clerk:
Chris Jobe, Court Clerk
122 South Main Cross Street
Louisa, KY 41230
Phone: (606) 638-4108
Lawrence County Circuit Court Clerk Information
This is the Lawrence County Circuit Court Clerk Website:
Below is the physical address of the Lawrence County Circuit Court Clerk:
Jody Parsley, Circuit Court Clerk
122 Main Cross Street
Louisa, KY 41230
Phone: (606) 638 4215
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility