Search Inmates in Dodge State Prison (DSP). Results Include: Mugshots, Arrests, Bookings, Criminal Records, Status, Booking No, Booking Date, Age, Bond Amount, Address Given, Charges, Statute, Court Case Number, Charge, Degree Level, Bond.
Dodge State Prison (DSP), Dodge County, Georgia Overview
Dodge State Prison is a Georgia Department of Corrections state medium-security prison for men located in Chester, Dodge County, Georgia. Current capacity of the facility is 1236 inmates.
Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays from 9am-3pm.
- Visitation is a privilege afforded to offenders and should not be considered as a right.
- Offenders will not be allowed to have visits while they are completing the diagnostic process. If the diagnostic process is not complete after 60 days, the offender will complete a visitation list containing the names of immediate family members. Once this list is completed, it will be reviewed for approval by the warden and/or designated facility staff.
- Members of an offender’s immediate family, (for example, parents, brothers, sisters, spouse, grandparents, grandchildren, and children) may be requested by the offender for visitation approval.
- For individuals wanting to visit as a significant relationship visitor, the offender must initiate such a request. The offender will need to complete the “Significant Relationship Visitor Application for Visitation Privilege” form, which is then sent to the Warden/Superintendent for review.
- Offenders must request that you be added to their approved visitation list. Offenders may request to add or delete a name on their visitor list by contacting their counselor and complete all of the necessary information on the visitation list form. The counselor will forward this request to the Warden/Superintendent or designee, who approves or disapproves changes to offenders’ visitation list.
- Visitor lists may only be changed when offenders arrive at their first permanent facility or during the months of May and November, but not any earlier than six months from the last change request. Approval or disapproval of a changed visitor list shall be completed and forwarded back offenders within fourteen (14) working days from the date of the requested.
- In order for offenders, ex-offenders, probationers, and parolees to visit, approval must be granted by the Warden/Superintendent prior to being placed on the approved visitor list.
- All former offenders must have a clear Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) criminal history report for one year following their release from prison or since being placed on probation or parole.
- Each offender may request a “special visit.” Special visits are reviewed for approval on an individual basis by the Warden/Superintendent or designee. Under normal circumstances, special visits require a minimum of forty-eight (48) hours advance notice.
- Special visits will be reviewed on a case by case basis by the Warden or his/her designee, and will take into consideration the offender’s institutional conduct when making the decision to approve or disapprove such a request.
- Other examples of special visits may include: Offenders, who have documented protective custody needs, may be required to visit at times when other potentially threatening offenders are not in the visitation area. When a family member lives far away, i.e. out-of-state, a family member is in the military on personal leave, a family member is unable to drive and must be driven to the facility for visitation by a non-family member, significant other, child advocacy groups bringing children, clergy, change in family that relatives want to inform the offender of, i.e. death, birth, marriage, extreme illness, incentive award programs may be developed to earn special visits.
- Special visits may also be utilized for offenders’ immediate family that have recently been discharged from prison or that are on probation or parole. Special visits will be limited to no more than two (2) visitors at any one time.
- Normally, there will be no restrictions placed on the length of visits during the facility’s established visitation periods. However, certain situations that may affect the length of time for a visit. Below please find a general list of situations: in order to have the offender in the visitation area during the mid-day count, visitors must arrive at the facility one (1) hour prior to the time that is designated by the Warden as the mid-day count. The mid-day count time shall be posted in all living areas and in the visitation room.
- Visitors are required to present positive identification prior to their admission for visiting. A driver’s license with picture, a picture identification card issued by the Department of Public Safety, or other acceptable photographic identification card will be required of all visitors age sixteen (16) and over. A temporary driver’s license issued by the Department of Public Safety will be acceptable when accompanied by some other form of appropriate picture identification.
- Identification cards will be maintained in a secure area outside the actual visitation area and will be returned at the conclusion of the visit.
- Visitors can only bring into the facility items identified by the facility (i.e., identification card, car keys) No food or drink will be brought into the facility from the outside other than bottled formula or like store-bought products for babies.
- Visitors will be allowed to bring a maximum of twenty dollars ($20.00) in coins to be used for the vending machines. Funds from visitors for offenders will be accepted only through the mail. Musical instruments, radios, pets, cameras, or tape recorders will not be allowed in the visiting area.
- All visitors are subject to a preliminary search of their person by electronic surveillance instruments (metal detectors, etc.). All items brought into the facility by a visitor will be searched by officers assigned to the visitation area.
- One offender’s visitors will not be allowed to visit with another offender or his/her visitors.
Inmate Mailing Address:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Dodge State Prison
P.O. Box 276
Chester, GA 31012
Dodge State Prison
2971 Old Bethel Church Road
Chester, GA 31012
Fax: (478) 358-7303
P.O. Box 276
2971 Old Bethel Road
Chester, GA 31012-0276
Security Level: Medium
Type(s) of offenders: Adult Men
Send Money to an Inmate:
Choose the most convenient method from below:
- Send Money Order: Create a free money order voucher to print and mail in.
- Send Money Online via JPay: The Inmate ID is the GDC ID Number and Last Name, with no spaces (12345Smith).
- JPay Online: Send money online, with your credit or debit card.
- JPay Mobile: Send money anytime, anywhere by downloading the free JPay from Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Phone payment: Speak with a live agent, 24/7, Phone: 800-574-5729
- MoneyGram payment: Send cash with MoneyGram at locations including CVS and Walmart (Georgia DOC Receiver Code 6857 / Georgia Probation Receiver Code 6901).
GDOC Department of Corrections Offender Search
Offender Name, Major Offense(s), Current Institution.
Please Share Your Experiences Visiting Or Staying In This Facility